Reducing Vendor Quality Issues
Vendor quality Requirements for higher productivity
Reducing quality issues with your vendors’ components is usually a top priority for custom pump OEM engineers. Read our checklist of quality requirements that will help make sure you have the partner to increase productivity, reduce downtime and shrink soft costs.
Quality requirements for vendors:
- Expertise in hard materials and manufacturing/design.
- Solid quality assurance system.
- Production capacity and scalability in response to your cycles.
- Stands by the quality of their product. ISO BS/EN ISO 9001:2000 certification.
- Excels in management responsibility, resource management, product realization.
- Can provide measurement, analysis, and improvement.
- Performance ability – can they handle your specific needs – material, grade, component, turnaround, timeline, inventory stocking, communication.
- Previous experiences with similar companies, relevant recent projects, and ability to meet or improve upon on current products or processes.
- Ability to actively work to minimize risk throughout the supply chain. Ask about average response time, and corrective action ability.
- Higher productivity
- Reduced downtime
- Shrinking soft cost